After-School Club Leader
|Date Posted:||Nov 4, 2017||Closing Date:||Mar 17, 2018|
|Job Status:||Live||Last Updated:||Feb 15, 2018|
|Location:||Neath Port Talbot||Salary/Rate:||Not Specified|
If you love having fun with children and enjoy being active, this could be just the kind of job you're looking for. Working in a newly established after-school club in Ysgol Y Fro in Llangyndeyrn (SA17 5BW) as the Leader you will be required to plan, organise and take part in play and leisure activities for 4 to 11 year olds and support play workers to undertake activities.
The after-school Clwb is affiliated to Clybiau Plant Cymru and therefore the ability to speak Welsh is essential for this post.
This is a part time post for 8 hours between 3.30pm - 5.30pm, Monday - Thursday. Plus an additional 2 hours per week will be allowed for planning and preparation time
You should have a recognised Level 3 qualifications to work in a more autonomous role in Early Years and Childcare such as QCF Level 3 Diploma in Children's Care, Learning and Development or equivalent. First aid, food safety and child protection would be an advantage but training will be given.
We are looking for someone who gets on well with children, parents and carers, has patience and tolerance and you will also need a responsible and caring attitude.
You will be responsible for the supervision of a Playwork Assistant and you will be involved in arranging a structured range of activities, ranging from art, crafts, cooking and drama to outdoor games and taking children on outings in the local community. Your job will normally include:
- To manage the planning of a wide range of creative and enjoyable activities, in conjunction with team members, and consultation with the children;
- To fully support inclusive practice, and ensure that all children can be involved in the activities offered if they wish;
- Develop partnership arrangements within the local community to enable specialist speakers, training provision, etc can be offered;
- To lead or supervise safe, creative and appropriate play opportunities for a range of age groups;
- To lead Planning Sessions with staff team to ensure a planned approach to sessions, including allocation of resources, and liaison with parents/carers about themes as necessary;
- To ensure playworkers have adequate support for preparing activities, organising programmes/ themes and arranging equipment;
- To make sure that play is safe, and encourage children to be aware of their own safety and that of others.
This post requires a DBS check as there may be periods of unsupervised access to children. An Enhanced DBS and satisfactory references would be obtained prior to commencement of employment.
The successful applicant will require a DBS Check and the cost of this will be met by the employer.
Job Type: Part-time
Job Location: Llangyndeyrn SA17 5BW
Required experience: Early Years and/or Child Care experience: 1 year
Required education: Diploma/Certificate
Required language: Welsh
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: £8.00 /hour
- childcare: 1 year