Early Years Practitioner
|Date Posted:||Oct 31, 2017||Closing Date:||Feb 26, 2018|
|Job Status:||Live||Last Updated:||Jan 27, 2018|
To work as a key person and as part of the pre-school team under the direction of the managers. To provide safe, high quality education and care for young children which meets the individual needs of children attending the setting.
- To assist with the planning of the curriculum using the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum for guidance.
- To help to set up the playroom for the daily programme and to help tidy away at the end of the session.
- To act as a key person to a small group of children, liaising closely and building an effective relationship with parents/carers and ensuring each child's needs are recognised and met.
- Work in partnership with parents/carers and other family members.
- To advise the Pre-school Managers of any concerns e.g. over children, parents or the safety of equipment, preserving confidentiality as necessary.
- To teach children, offering an appropriate level of support and stimulating play experiences.
- To ensure that children are kept safe and that you understand when to follow child protection procedures.
- To be aware of and adhere to all the setting’s operational policies and procedures, e.g. health and safety, fire precautions, dropping off and collection of children, food safety, cleanliness of the setting etc.
- To ensure that adequate records are kept and updated regularly.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as directed by the Pre-school Manager in accordance with the setting’s business plan/objectives.
Must have relevant level 3 qualification
Must have GCSE English and Maths at grade C or equivalent.
Must have experience of working as a Key Worker in a Pre-School or nursery setting.
Job Type: Part-time
- Secondary education
Required licence or certification:
- NNEB or Level 3 in Childcare