Apprentice Nursery Practitioner
|Date Posted:||Oct 26, 2017||Closing Date:||Mar 12, 2018|
|Job Status:||Live||Last Updated:||Feb 10, 2018|
Apprentice Nursery Practitioner required in a setting in Sheffield-S2!!
To work as part of the childcare team under the direction of the Early Years Childcare Manager to provide safe, high quality education and care for young children.
To maintain a stimulating and enabling environment.
You will complete either:
Certificate for the Children and Young Peoples workforce (QCF) Level 2
Diploma in Children’s Learning and Development (Early Years Educator) (QCF) Level 3
- To assist with the planning of the curriculum which take into account the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage.
- To help set up the playroom/s for the daily programme and to help tidy away at the end of the session, ensuring that all toys and equipment are clean and safe at all times.
- To advise the Manager of any concerns e.g. over children, child protection, parents/carers or the safety of equipment, preserving confidentiality as necessary.
- To support children’s learning through play, offering an appropriate level of support and stimulation.
- To attend staff meetings.
- To attend in-service training courses and meetings as required.
- To keep completely confidential any information regarding the children, their families or other staff which is required as part of the job.
- To keep up-to-date with current good practice.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as directed by the Manager, in accordance with the childcare setting’s business plan/objectives.
- Willingness to learn.
- An appropriate Level 2 in childcare or equivalent, or working towards a Level 2.
- Commitment to diversity and equal opportunities.
- Commitment to young children and families.
- Friendly, flexible approach.
- Health clearance for the role.
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- To provide a good positive role model for the children.
- To uphold the rules and boundaries of the setting consistently.
Working a Minimum of 30 hours per week Monday to Friday you will be paid £3.50 per hour which is the current National Minimum Wage for Apprentices.
Job Type: Apprenticeship
Salary: £3.50 /hour
- Childcare: 1 year
- Secondary education
- Sheffield S5