Early Years Apprentice
|Date Posted:||Feb 14, 2018||Closing Date:||Mar 18, 2018|
|Job Status:||Live||Last Updated:||Feb 16, 2018|
- Understand and adhere to safeguarding policies and follow procedures for keeping children safe.
- Adhere to policies and procedures prioritising health and safety legislation, including the recording and reporting of accidents.
- Complete tasks designated by Room Manger to ensure environment is clean and safe.
- Assist practitioners to support emotional, physical, social, spiritual and intellectual needs of all children.
- Assist practitioners to observe, extend and support children’s learning.
- Demonstrate good practice in supporting children with additional needs and inclusion.
- Attend staff meetings, in house training and engage in self-development appraisals and supervisions.
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to promote equal opportunities.
- Ability to use own initiative.
- Ability to support a busy childcare team.
- Be a reflective practitioner.
- Enthusiasm in supporting the team and maintaining high, quality care.
- Commitment to equal opportunities both in childcare and employment.
- A willingness to work as part of a team and contribute positively.
- Demonstrate respect for appropriate boundaries and authority.
- Maintain confidentiality.
Desired qualifications Maths and English E to A or equivalent.
Future prospects Possible job offer once Apprenticeship is completed, should a post become available.
Things to consider Weekly Wage: The National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate for apprentices is £3.50 per hour from 01 April 2017. This applies to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged over 19 in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus off the job training. £3.50 an hour, 30 hours a week = £105.00