Early Years Graduate Leader
|Date Posted:||Feb 14, 2018||Closing Date:||Mar 23, 2018|
|Job Status:||Live||Last Updated:||Feb 21, 2018|
Mendip House Nursery and Pre-school are looking to recruit a Graduate Leader to work in our Outstanding Nursery and Pre-school. This person will need to be passionate and enthusiastic about the Early Years, forward thinking, organised, creative and be able to lead, support and motivate experienced Early Years Practitioners within the setting.
The position is a permanent position, 36 hours per week Monday - Thursday 8am - 6pm
- To ensure that our ethos of "Learning through Experience" and our vision statement are embedded within the nursery & pre-school by supporting, motivating and leading a team of early years practitioners.
- Bringing new exciting ideas and current thinking into the nursery environment whilst role modelling best practice.
- Be committed in retaining our Outstanding status.
- Lead and inspire the team to use resources in an imaginative and creative way whilst ensuring the children's learning and developmental needs are being met.
- Liaise with parents and ensure Mendip House are working in partnership with parents to provide the best outcomes for children.
- Ensure a creative, inviting, welcoming and supportive environment is offered to children and their families both indoors and outdoors.
- Engage in Peer observation and feed back ensuring that the team are supported in their own development and praised for their achievements.
- Encourage and support reflective practice with in the nursery and take an active lead in the Mendip House SEF.
- Lead the Pre-school Room.
- Have a Key Person group within the pre-school, liaise with parents, engage in parents evenings, ensure your groups Learning Diaries are completed, set appropriate targets and plan for small group time.
- Oversee the deliverance of the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum, including British Values and the Characteristics of Effective Learning.
- Oversee Mendip House Learning Diaries.
- Deliver and participate in staff training.
- Work with the Senior Leadership Team to ensure that all OFSTED requirements are met to an Outstanding standard and the Children Act 2004 is implemented.
- Be a pro active Member of the Senior Leadership Team building on our all ready outstanding practice whilst moving the nursery and pre-school forward.
- Minimum Level 5 in Early Years
- Leadership/Management qualification an advantage
- Pediatric First Aid an advantage but will be provided
- Food Hygiene an advantage but will be provided
- Safe guarding: Basic Awareness an advantage but will be provided
- A minimum of two years experience working in a nursery setting.
- Experience of being a key person, planing, delivering quality creative experiences and setting targets so children progress and reach their full potential.
- Have been part of an Ofsted Inspection.
- Good at motivating others.
- Build on an already existing team whilst being a team player.
- Good communication and listening skills
- Good Leadership Skills
- Good understanding of the Early Years Foundation Curriculum
Mendip House Nursery and Pre-school Ltd. is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all of our children and expects everyone to share this commitment. We follow a robust Safer Recruitment Policy and you will be required to fill in an application form, bring identification, evidence of qualifications as well as a current CRB to interview. References and a new CRB will be required prior to any offer of employment.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Permanent
Salary: £16,474.00 to £17,223.00 /year