Apprentice Nursery Practitioner
|Date Posted:||Feb 13, 2018||Closing Date:||Mar 15, 2018|
|Job Status:||Live||Last Updated:||Feb 13, 2018|
|Location:||Isle of Wight||Salary/Rate:||Not Specified|
- To implement and promote all Happy Mindz policies and the Staff Rules.
- To have an understanding of children's development, their needs and the provision of positive play.
- To demonstrate a genuine care for children.
- To care for and supervise the group of children assigned to them.
- To ensure their safety at all times.
- To take an interest in the children and their families, to treat them as individuals and with respect at all times.
- To create an interesting and stimulating environment for the child to develop all their skills.
- To provide at all times a warm and caring environment for babies and to be as consistent as possible regarding that environment.
- To provide support for any children with special needs and to liaise with senior members of staff to promote their welfare and development.
- To ensure positive management of children’s behaviour.
- To carry out housekeeping duties as appropriate.
- To ensure the ethos, implementation and legal requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage.
- To support a commitment to the theory and practice of equal opportunities.
- To ensure an adherence to the health and safety policy relating to the provision of play.
- To support senior members of staff to ensure put appropriate Child Protection procedures into practice.
- To ensure that all information pertaining to Happy Mindz, its operation, children, staff and parents remains confidential.
- To support all co-ordinators eg, senco and equal opportunities in their duties.
- To be flexible and adaptable, to assist in all areas of nursery work and to provide support for other members of staff.
- To assist in the keeping of development records and observations, and accident, incident and risk assessment records as appropriate.
- To be able to think and act quickly in a stressful or emergency situation, and to be aware of the correct procedures.
- To attend staff meetings and training courses as directed by senior managers.
- To attend regular out of hours training sessions as directed by course tutors to complete Childcare Qualification.
- To work as part of that team and contribute positively to the staff team. To provide a role model of good practice to other members of staff.
- To go about your duties with a positive and enthusiastic attitude - to be organised, efficient, confident, hardworking and conscientious.
- To promote at all times good relations between staff members, parents and children, and at all times promote the good name and ethos of Happy Mindz.
- To cover any other staff responsibilities as appropriate at the request of the Manager, particularly taking into account that unforeseen situations can occur when looking after children, and that the child's care and welfare is paramount at all times.
Requirements and prospects
- Empathy and understanding of children under five
- Excellent verbal and communication skills with children and parents
- Ability to write reports and keep clear and accurate records
- A willingness to learn the policies and procedures of Happy Mindz and to abide by the staff rules
- Excellent organizational skills
- Administrative and basic IT skills
- Calm and caring nature
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Able to work on own initiative
- Reliable, enthusiastic, and flexible
- A commitment to quality in all areas, with a high level of motivation and enthusiasm Able to perform under stress
- A willingness to work as part of and contribute positively to the staff team
- A creative thinker
- A good sense of humour
Desired qualifications English and Mathematics GCSE's at level C or above or equivalent.
Future prospects Permanent Job Offer on completion of apprenticeship.
Things to consider This post is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Scheme check at Enhanced level.