Apprentice Childminders Assistant
|Date Posted:||Feb 10, 2018||Closing Date:||Mar 19, 2018|
|Job Status:||Live||Last Updated:||Feb 17, 2018|
|Location:||North Yorkshire||Salary/Rate:||Not Specified|
An established childminder is looking for an Apprentice Childminder Assistant in a home setting in Clifton, York, YO31!
If you can answer YES to the following questions, then APPLY NOW!!
- Want to work with Children?
- Do you live locally?
During this Apprenticeship you will complete:
Children and Young Peoples Work Force Level 2
Or if you already have this then you will complete:
Early Years Educator Level
Function of the Post:
- To help provide a happy, safe, secure and stimulating environment in which individual needs of all children are taken into account
- To encourage all children to maintain and develop their own individuality and independence within the nursery
- To engage in care and education with children aged between 3 months to 11 years, under the supervision and guidance of fully qualified and experienced staff members, with the aim being to gain knowledge and skills to reach qualification
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To provide a safe, loving and stimulating environment both indoors and outdoors for all children. To be empathetic, responsive and an available attachment figure for each child. To encourage independence, self-motivation and an eagerness to learn.
- To interact with and supervise children, acting as a role model whether leading an adult led activity or focusing on children’s own interests. Working under the direct supervision of fully qualified staff members.
- Building up relationships with the child’s mother / father/ carer, including giving feedback to them daily, relating to care routines and development. Feedback to appropriate staff and management when needed.
- To escort children on educational visits – shopping, library, etc.
- To maintain the standards of the nursery, ensuring Health and Safety policies are adhered to in relation to self, children, equipment and surroundings and to carry out all food handling policies
- To ensure all equipment and rooms are kept clean and tidy before, during and after sessions. Setting out playrooms ready for the day/ next day’s activities
- To treat any information of matters relating to work within the Nursery as confidential. To be supportive and non-judgemental when mothers/ fathers/ carers are distressed, respecting confidentiality always.
- The ideal person will be reliable prompt and trust-worthy & respect the confidentiality of the families involved in the setting.*
You will be paid £3.50 per hour which is the National Minimum Wage for Apprentices and you will be working 40 hours per week .Flexibility is required as the shifts will cover various times during the day
Job Type: Apprenticeship
Salary: £3.50 /hour
- Childcare: 1 year
- Secondary education
- York YO31