Early Years Practitioner
|Date Posted:||Feb 10, 2018||Closing Date:||Mar 12, 2018|
|Job Status:||Live||Last Updated:||Feb 10, 2018|
please contact us for a job pack to be completed if you are interested in this post.
Job Title: Early Years Practitioner
Responsible to: The Manager and Deputy Manager on a daily basis and the Committee in the longer term.
Purpose of the job: To work as a Early Years Practitioner under the direction of the Manager, to provide a safe, high quality, stimulating environment for children with severe Developmental language Disorder.
- To help set up the playroom for the daily programme, for example, mixing paints, preparing collage materials and making play dough. To help clear away at the end of each session.
- Assisting with focused work with individual children and groups of children as suggested by the Speech and Language Therapist and Associate Practitioner.
- Ensuring that the Safeguarding Children, Equal Opportunities Policy and Health and Safety Guidelines are adhered to.
- To advise the Manager of any concerns regarding the safeguarding of children, their parents or safety of equipment while preserving confidentially.
- To develop children's skills through offering an appropriate level of support and stimulation through play activities.
- Attendance at staff meetings, and/or in-service training courses.
- Occasional attendance of out of hours meetings, for example AGM, for which time owed in lieu may be granted.
- To keep strictly confidential any records and information regarding the children, their families or other staff.
- To assist with keeping up to date observations and relevant records on the children
- To contribute to the writing of the regular news letter.
- Meeting the daily care needs of the children (i.e toilet training, changing).
- Undertaking any other duties as delegated.
NNEB, NVQ3 or BTEC in Childcare or equivalent is essential to this role
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: £9,586.00 to £11,365.00 /year
- childcare: 2 years
- Secondary education