Early Years Practitioner - Room Leader
|Date Posted:||Feb 8, 2018||Closing Date:||Mar 15, 2018|
|Job Status:||Live||Last Updated:||Feb 13, 2018|
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Room Supervisor to join our team. On offer is a highly competitive salary, 6 weeks holiday a year and attractive pension and healthcare schemes alongside on-going support and career development from our dedicated team.
Responsibilities and Duties
As a Room Supervisor with us you will be responsible for providing a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care and most importantly for ensuring our children have fun whilst learning in a safe and caring environment. Specific responsibilities include:
- Supporting children’s education and development
- Leading the planning of safe, creative and appropriate learning opportunities
- Supporting the day to day management of staff including the supervision, monitoring, development and instruction of staff and students
- Ensuring room and equipment is kept in good working order
- Liaising with Parents/Carers
- Ensuring all activity and practices in room adheres to SSSC best practice and Cornerstones Nurseries policies and procedures.
- Reporting regularly to the Nursery Manager and deputising where required.
Qualifications and Skills
Successful applicants will hold a suitable childcare qualification (SVQ3 or equivalent) and will have an interest in pursuing further qualifications. You will have proven experience of working in a nursery or other childcare setting and have a caring ‘can-do’ attitude.
Pension Scheme and option of private medical.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £8.00 to £10.00 /hour
- nursery: 2 years
- Secondary education