Early Years Practitioner
|Date Posted:||Feb 6, 2018||Closing Date:||Mar 15, 2018|
|Job Status:||Live||Last Updated:||Feb 13, 2018|
Kingfishers playgroup in Kingham is currently recruiting for an additional member of staff to join the team.
We are looking for an Early Years Practitioner to join this excellent setting. This part- time post requires an enthusiastic and reliable candidate with previous experience in an Early Years setting and a Level 3 qualification.
Hours would be 8.30am – 1pm Monday to Friday, term time only.
Closing date for applications is: Monday 19th February 2018.
Responsibilities and Duties
- To assist with the planning of the curriculum.
- To help set up the playroom and outdoor area for the daily programme and to help tidy away at the end of the session, ensuring that all toys and equipment are clean and safe at all times.
- To act as a key person to a small group of children, liaising closely with parents/carers and ensuring each child's needs are recognised and met by carrying our observations and producing “next steps”.
- To advise the playgroup supervisor of any concerns e.g. over children, child protection, parents/carers or the safety of equipment, preserving confidentiality as necessary.
- To be aware of any special needs a child may have and to familiarise oneself with relevant play and learning plans.
- To teach children, offering an appropriate level of support and stimulation.
- To attend staff meetings.
- To attend in-service training courses and meetings as required.
- To keep completely confidential any information regarding the children, their families or other staff which is acquired as part of the job.
- To keep up-to-date with current good practice.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as directed by the playgroup supervisor, in accordance with the playgroup business plan/objectives.
- To take on additional curriculum responsibilities as directed by the playgroup supervisor.
Qualifications and Skills
- A willingness to learn.
- Commitment to continued professional development.
- A satisfactory enhanced CRB check which confirms suitability to work with children.
- Previous experience of working with young children.
- Commitment to diversity and equal opportunities.
- Commitment to young children and families.
- Friendly, flexible approach.
- Health clearance for the role.
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- A working knowledge of the EYFS.Desirable criteria
- A full and relevant level 3 qualification as recognised by the CWDC.
- SENCO qualifications desirable
Job Type: Part-time