Early Years Practitioner
|Date Posted:||Feb 5, 2018||Closing Date:||Mar 26, 2018|
|Job Status:||Live||Last Updated:||Feb 24, 2018|
- To develop and maintain a family friendly environment.
- To be responsible for high standards of care and education in accordance with the requirements of our governing bodies.
- All legislative requirements are fully met in connection with the appropriate governing bodies responsible for this type of service especially in connection with Care Inspectorate standards, Her Majesty’s Inspectorate of Education (HMIe) and the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC).
- Implementing agreed strategies, policies and procedures in line with the nurseries aims and objectives
- Supporting the Supervisor in training and developing new employees.
Children’s education and development
- To have a sound knowledge of child development and to be able to respond to the individual needs of children, and be able to identify children with Additional Support Needs
. * To ensure that the Learning Journals and progress cards are completed for key children
. * To ensure that children’s next steps are tracked and completed.
- To communicate with parents as and when necessary.
- To liaise with outside agencies where necessary.
- To have the ability to observe children accurately and use these observations in consultation with the room supervisor to plan appropriate learning experiences for the children.
- To encourage children’s language development and be aware of ways to stimulate language through play, books, stories and personal interaction.
- Setting up equipment and working with the children in both the indoor and outdoor play areas in cooperation with colleagues.
- To implement and have an understanding of current curriculums and guidelines i.e. Curriculum for Excellence, Pre Birth to Three and Building the Ambition
. * To participate in playroom planning, evaluation of planning, taking observations of children to add to Learning Journals and children’s individual personal plans.
- Taking an active role in improvement plans for 0-3 year olds and 3-5 years, Care Inspectorate action plans and Quality Improvement plans/ SQIP.
- To ensure that environment is full inclusive.
Children’s care and wellbeing
- Promoting and safeguarding the welfare of service users s/he is responsible for, or comes into contact with. * Ensuring all children are comfortable, safe and stimulated at all times
. * Being aware of the social and emotional circumstances of children at all times.
- Arranging sleeps / rests as necessary
. * Encouraging children to participate in preparation of snacks and involving them in supervised meal times. * Taking small groups of children on organised outings
. * Ensuring all children have outdoor experiences at least once a session.
- Ensuring that all children’s medication is stored and administered according to policies and procedures.
SVQ 3 or HNC qualified
Job Type: Full-time
- Childcare: 1 year
Required licence or certification:
- NNEB or Level 3 in Childcare