Deputy Nursery Manager - Torquay (Br-0501)
|Date Posted:||Feb 3, 2018||Closing Date:||Mar 10, 2018|
|Job Status:||Live||Last Updated:||Feb 8, 2018|
Here at Mama Bear’s we create an exciting working environment that not only provides outstanding outcomes for the children we care for but also for our employees. We understand that all employees have goals and whether it is career progression or just to be part of a successful team we are here to help you achieve this. It is important that our employees feel valued and we are committed to offering a great benefits package:
- 33 days holiday including bank holidays, (5 extra days on top of the legal minimum – that’s one whole week of more holiday!)
- Free uniform
- Free lunch, when eaten with the children
- childcare discount available
- Annual salary review
- Commitment to staff training
- Pension Scheme
It is important to us that all our nurseries retain their individualism and develop their unique personality, as this is what makes them special. However, we benefit as a group from shared company-wide policies that are developed based on years of experience. We care about what our employees think and they do have a voice at Mama Bear’s.
As Deputy Nursery Manager, you will assist the Nursery Manager with the management of the nursery, leading the team of staff and ensuring the highest standard of care and safety of the children. You will be involved in providing a dynamic, active learning environment for the children on a day-to-day basis.
You will be aware of and comply with the EYFS. Ensuring the safeguarding and welfare of the children in the nursery at all times is essential. In the absence of the Nursery Manager you will assume responsibility for the daily operation of the Nursery with agreed plans and budgets.
As a Deputy Manager, your role will be responsible for the following:
The overall management of the Nursery, effective leadership of all the staff within the Nursery. The activities, planning, monitoring and evaluation.
- The care and education of the children in these rooms as required, exemplifying good practice and being a role model for other staff.
- The safety and welfare of the children in the rooms at all times.
- To assume responsibility for the daily operation of the Nursery with agreed plans and budgets.
- To provide a dynamic, active learning environment for the children on a day-to-day basis.
- Through reflective observations, support, monitor and recommend improvements for quality in all working areas.
Because of the nature of this role, you will need to complete an enhanced criminal record disclosure (DBS check).
The is a permanent, full time (40 hours per week) role.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Level 3 childcare qualification (please note, health and social care qualifications are not relevant)
- Management qualification/or experience is also desired
- At least 2 years post qualification day nursery experience
- To be able to demonstrate good knowledge of OFSTED Standards, the Early Years Foundation Stage and the Bristol Standard.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are required to share this commitment.
Mama Bear's Day Nursery is an Equal Opportunities employer.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Nursery: 2 years