Apprentice Childcare Practitioner
|Date Posted:||Jan 31, 2018||Closing Date:||Mar 18, 2018|
|Job Status:||Live||Last Updated:||Feb 16, 2018|
|Location:||South Yorkshire||Salary/Rate:||Not Specified|
Apprentice Childcare Practitioner required for a home based setting in Doncaster, DN6, where you will be working towards:
Early Years Educator Level 3
Ideally, you will already have the Childcare level 2 qualification and we are looking for someone with a love of working with children to join our team.
Do you want to work with children and gain your next qualification – Apply now!
Main Job Objectives:
- Assisting with the operation of the nursery facility under the direction of the Management
- Maintaining excellent liaison and communication with other staff, parents and children
- Assisting in ensuring the health and safety of all who enter the setting
Brief Description of Responsibilities:
- Following appropriate policies, procedures and systems ensuring the educational, social, physical, emotional, health and welfare needs of the children are met at all times
- To become involved in children’s activities so as to stimulate and extend their learning
- To demonstrate sensitivity toward children and families within the facility.
- Providing an environment that is safe, stimulating and challenging, Ensuring compliance with ‘The Children Act 2004’ and the ‘Childcare Act 2006’.
- Assisting in the admission and induction of new children.
- Assisting in the maintenance of all necessary records to meet internal, E.Y.D.C.P and Ofsted requirements.
- To take an active role in the promotion of excellent health and safety practices.
- To respond effectively to any health and safety issues that may arise, and report any necessary matters.
- Performing any other duties commensurate with the general nature of the position requested by the Management
- Team Player
- Motivated and eager to Learn New Skills
- Able to Take Direction
THIS IS AN APPRENTICESHIP AND THE WAGE IS £3.50 PER HOUR, WHICH IS THE NATIONAL MINIMUM WAGE FOR APPRENTICESHIPS
Working a minimum of 30 hours per week Monday to Friday- to be discussed and agreed at interview stage
Job Type: Apprenticeship
Salary: £3.50 /hour
- Childcare: 1 year
- Secondary education
- Doncaster DN6