|Date Posted:||Jan 26, 2018||Closing Date:||Mar 19, 2018|
|Job Status:||Live||Last Updated:||Feb 17, 2018|
FNTC Training are recruiting a Childcare Apprentice for The Outdoor Learning Company in Hinton.
This is a great opportunity to start an apprenticeship in childcare working in an authentic Forest School.
The successful candidate will work with children from birth up to the age of 5.
To deliver a high standard of learning, development and care for children aged
To ensure that the preschool nursery is a safe environment for children, staff and others.
To developing partnerships with parents/carers to increase involvement in their childs development.
To be responsible for any tasks delegated by the Deputy Nursery Manager/Nursery Manager
To complete all academic aspects of the apprenticeship
Responsibilities and Duties
- To provide a safe, caring, stimulating educational environment, both indoors and outdoors, at all times.
- To deliver an appropriate play based Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum that enables children to make individual progress. This will involve help to plan and carry out relevant activities.
- To help ensure the nursery meets Ofsted requirements at all times.
- To understand and work to the nursery policies and procedures, including how to deal with child protection issues appropriately and how to respond to incidents, accidents, complaints and emergencies.
- To plan activities which ensure each child is working towards the early learning outcomes.
Qualifications and Skills
- Being able to relate to children at their level
- Good communication skills and ability to work in a team
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Positive personality
- Flexible, practical and willing to get your hands dirty.
- Warm and caring friendly and approachable
- A general interest in the outdoors/nature
Apprenticeship wage pf £105 per week
The Apprenticeship Training will be delivered by FNTC Training.
You will undertake the Children and Young Peoples Workforce Diploma Level 2. Maths, English and ICT will also be delivered if required. This will be delivered within the work place with 1:2:1 support by a mentor, online resources and examinations for Maths, English or ICT if required for the qualification.
Job Type: Apprenticeship
Salary: £105.00 /week