Baby Room Leader
|Date Posted:||Jan 26, 2018||Closing Date:||Mar 10, 2018|
|Job Status:||Live||Last Updated:||Feb 8, 2018|
|Location:||Isle of Wight||Salary/Rate:||Not Specified|
We are looking for an enthusiastic Room Leader to join our setting in Locks Heath. The nursery and pre-school have stunning facilities and looks after up to 95 children! The baby unit is for children under 2 and we are looking for an experienced childcare practitioner to help lead this busy and exciting room!
The Room Leader will lead on ensuring the highest quality of care and curriculum offered to the children within their own staff team. They will manage and inspire our early years practitioners to deliver an exciting, child-led, play based curriculum. They will also be overseeing the everyday practice, identify areas of development and work in cooperation with the management team.
Responsibilities and Duties
- To provide a diverse range of experiences for children to learn through play.
- To lead a team
- To act as a key worker for a group of individual children.
- To ensure other supporting nursery paperwork is kept up to date.
- To ensure your team work in compliance with the organisations childcare policies and procedures.
- An inspirational approach to helping young children develop through play
- Demonstrable leadership qualities able to motivate and develop others.
- Enthusiasm for the work with under 2's
- A caring and flexible approach to childcare.
Qualifications and Skills
- Be a qualified childcare practitioner minimum NVQ3.
- Have 1 years experience in a leadership role. (desirable not essential)
- Strong understanding of the developmental needs of children.
- First aid qualification (or willingness to train)
- Knowledge and understanding of safeguarding good practices and EYFS.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £18,000.00 to £21,000.00 /year