Day Nursery Manager
|Date Posted:||Jan 25, 2018||Closing Date:||Mar 9, 2018|
|Job Status:||Live||Last Updated:||Feb 7, 2018|
|Location:||Merthyr Tydfil||Salary/Rate:||Not Specified|
Maternity Cover for approximately 1 year starting beginning of May 2018
To ensure that the nursery maintains and exceeds National Minimum standards.
To develop and commit to continually improve the Nursery
Ensure the smooth running of the day to day routine of the Nursery
Responsibilities and Duties
- Promote good working relationships with parents/carers
- Undertake Supervision and appraisals of all staff.
- Provide in house training to staff and ensure that all staff receive continual professional development.
- To ensure that all Health and Safety and fire regulation checks are completed
- To be the named Child Protection coordinator
- Undertake all other tasks as required.
Qualifications and Skills
- At least three years experience working in a day nursery
- NVQ 3 in early years and working towards QCF 5
- Excellent communication skills relating well to both adults and children
- Organisational skills
- Demonstrable knowledge of child development and Birth to Three framework
- Ability to use own judgement and make decisions
- Focused and enthusiastic
- Reliable and dependable
- Understanding of Health and Safety and Risk assessment
- First Aid
- Understanding of Child Protection
- Ability to provide a supportive environment for colleagues and undertake supervision and annual appraisals.
- Experience of developing and managing staff.
- Ability to problem solve
- Have experience of supervising workers
Job Type: Full-time
- day nursery: 3 years