|Date Posted:||Jan 23, 2018||Closing Date:||Feb 25, 2018|
|Job Status:||Live||Last Updated:||Jan 26, 2018|
Job Title: Out Of School Nursery Nurse
Responsible to: Out of school Manager
Ultimately responsible to the Nursery Manager.
Job Purpose: Responsible for ensuring a quality service is offered at all times to families using the service of Holly Tree Nursery.
By ensuring that good practice is adhered to at all times. Also ensuring all policies are abided by for the well-being and safety of all children in the care of the Tracker-afterschool club.
Location: Holly Tree Day Nursery
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring the needs of the age mix of children is met at all times.
- Ensure the environment the children are in is safe and the need to risk assess on a regular basis.
- To assist in the planning of programmes and activities for the age mix you are working with.
- Ensure you understand the aims/ purposes of Early Years and how to implement them.
- You will be expected to become a key worker working with a small group of rising 5s.
- You must ensure Childs learning and development is recorded including any issues or problems. (these must be discussed with your team leader, the SENCO worker and parents if needed)
- Ensure you do communicate with your group of children’s parents on a regular basis. Keeping them abreast of their children’s overall development.
- Help with serving of all meals, ensuring that hygiene practises are abided by at all times.
- Maintain Holly Tree Nursery’s Health and Safety practises according to policy and procedure.
- Ensure you understand the safeguarding policy a copy can be obtained from the Nursery Manager.
- The Equal Opportunities can be found in your induction book.
- You must ensure you manage your own Health & Safety by wearing the necessary uniform and wear flat footwear.
- Abiding by the child behaviour policy you will be expected to identify any behavioural problems, and implement an action plan for individual children working in partnership with your manager.
- Lifting and handing ensuring large pieces of play equipment are secured whilst during children’s play and also during storage. At the same time making sure you know how to lift and handle equipment to not only promote the well being of young children but also your own.
- Ensure you understand how to complete registers and any other everyday administration required helping run the out of school club smoothly.
- Attend monthly staff meetings.
- Ensure you conduct yourself at all times working alongside your colleagues in a positive effective manner, using methods of communication that acknowledge information that needs to be showed were appropriate.
- To ensure that you understand the need for all safeguarding and to keep up to date with all relevant training.
- To ensure that you understand Holly Tree Nursery Safeguarding policy and procedure and that it is adhered to at all times.
Job Type: Part-time
- first aid: 1 year
- safeguarding: 1 year