Assistant Nursery Manager (Ac1634)
|Date Posted:||Jan 19, 2018||Closing Date:||Mar 16, 2018|
|Job Status:||Live||Last Updated:||Feb 14, 2018|
Assistant Nursery Manager – Atherton, Manchester
Our client’s nursery offers a friendly and professional service and provide a rich play and learning experience in a caring environment. Their team has a wealth of experience in child care - their owner specifically has over 30 years of experience - and all members of staff are highly qualified.
The Nursery pride themselves on a successful full curriculum and creative staff which enables all the children to build friendships, express their creativity and develop independence.
We are recruiting for an Assistant Nursery Manager to join their team.
They are looking for a committed and hardworking Assistant Nursery Manager , who is reliable, enthusiastic, flexible with a commitment to quality in all areas and a high level of motivation and enthusiasm. The ideal candidate must be able to perform under stress and have a good sense of humour.
- To work as a responsible leader and senior member of the nursery team alongside the nursery manager, to provide leadership and safe, high quality education and care for the children
- In the absence of the manager to undertake the overall day-to-day management of the nursery to the highest standards possible
- To assist the manager in ensuring that all legislation in relation to registration with regulatory bodies special needs, inclusion, equal opportunities, safeguarding, health and safety and data protection is complied with and that all policies and procedures are adhered to
- Ensure that staff ratios are maintained
- Manage and organise training and development for staff and students
- Support the development of good practice with regards to special needs and inclusion
- Supporting and liaising with the manager on a daily basis
- Having key holder responsibilities
- Attend meetings as required
- Develop, monitor, and implement the nurseries policies and procedures
What you need:
- Minimum Level 3 Childcare qualification
- Experience managing or supervising other members of staff (Such as previous deputy management experience)
- Knowledge of EYFS
- Safeguarding knowledge
- Behaviour Management knowledge
- Current First Aid certificate
- Basic Food Hygiene certificate
- Be able to work as part of a team and individually
Job Type: Full-time
- manager: 1 year