Early Years Practitioner
|Date Posted:||Jan 16, 2018||Closing Date:||Mar 14, 2018|
|Job Status:||Live||Last Updated:||Feb 12, 2018|
A Level 3 Qualified Early Years Practitioner
Responsibilities and Duties
- To assist with the planning of the curriculum using the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) for guidance.
- To help to set up for the daily programme and to help tidy away at the end of the session.
- To act as a key person to a small group of children, liaising closely and building an effective relationship with parents/carers and ensuring each child's needs are recognised and met.
- To work in partnership with parents/carers and other family members.
- To advise the Manager of any concerns g. health and well-being of children, parents or the safety of equipment, preserving confidentiality as necessary.
- To take action to support the setting to achieve and maintain a minimum good Ofsted rating at the next inspection.
- To teach children, offering an appropriate level of support and stimulating play experiences.
- To ensure that children are kept safe and that you understand when to follow child protection procedures.
- To support meal times within the setting.
- To actively participate at team meetings, supervision meetings and appraisal meetimgs.
- To attend training courses as required and to take responsibility for personal development.
- To keep completely confidential any information regarding the children, their families or other staff, which is acquired as part of the job.
- To be aware of and adhere to all the setting's operational policies and procedures, g. health and safety, fire precautions, dropping off and collection of children, food safety, cleanliness of the setting.
- To ensure that adequate records are kept and updated regularly.
- To promote the setting to current parents and potential customers.
Qualifications and Skills
- Level 3 early years education and childcare qualification or equivalent
- Previous experience of working with young children
- Sound knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS)
- A passion for working with children and promoting learning through play
- Excellent communicator with the ability to build good relationships with children, colleagues and parents
- Desire to achieve outstanding results
- Hard working and organised with good planning and observation skills
- Ability to work on your own initiative as well as part of a team
- Willingness to learn and undertake further training
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: £2,236.00 to £6,069.00 /year