Apprentice Early Years Practitioner Hx2
|Date Posted:||Jan 12, 2018||Closing Date:||Mar 4, 2018|
|Job Status:||Expired||Last Updated:||Feb 2, 2018|
|Location:||West Yorkshire||Salary/Rate:||Not Specified|
Apprentice Early Years Practitioner required for a Children’s Centre in Ovenden, Halifax,HX2
No experience required, as you will receive all the training required to progress within the setting, want to work with children.-APPLY NOW!
During the Apprenticeship, you will complete the following qualification:
Children's & Young Peoples Workforce (QCF) Level 2
Purpose of post
- To support the children’s learning, with regard to their individual social, emotional, physical and intellectual needs.
- To help promote and maintain a warm, welcoming, safe and attractive environment for the children within the centre.
- To support the provision of high quality integrated care and education for young children.
- To participate in the work, organisation and development of the centre, in accordance with the aims of the centre, under direction from the Senior Management Team.
- To be involved in making decisions within established policy and practice of the centre with regard to the intellectual, physical and emotional wellbeing of the children
- To ensure all policies and procedures are adhered to and implemented in the nursery.
- To support the security of the building and its contents.
- To work individually and as part of a team in meeting the social, emotional, physical and educational needs of the children and their families in the centre under the guidance of the Senior Management Team
- To contribute towards the planning of programmes of the appropriate learning experiences during planning meetings with the Senior Management Team
- To monitor each child’s progress through keeping appropriate observation and assessment records, as well as health and safety and fire safety records when required.
- To have a clear understanding and ability to work to safeguarding policies and procedures, and to act appropriately should areas of concern arise, in line with the centre’s policies and procedures
- To be responsible for the safety and wellbeing of the children in the centre.
- To participate in the development of day-to-day running of the centre and provide a warm, welcoming and secure environment in line with the current Child welfare requirements.
- To work in partnership with parents and carers in the care of their children and to encourage participation in centre activities.
- To offer support, advice and guidance to parents and carers when appropriate.
- To encourage the involvement of the local community in centre activities.
- To participate effectively in programmes designed to promote personal and professional development, such as team meetings, training courses, supervision and appraisal meetings.
- To support the liaison with other professional staff involved in meeting the needs of the child.
- To keep up to date with current legislation and childcare practice, and attend training as required.
You will work a minimum of 30 hours per week, hours and shifts to be confirmed at interview stage and will be paid £3.50 per hour, which is the current National Minimum Wage for Apprentices.
The closing date for this vacancy is 2nd February 2018
Job Type: Apprenticeship
Salary: £3.50 /hour
- Secondary education
- Halifax HX2
Sorry, this listing has expired.Search Jobs