Assistant Unit Manager
|Date Posted:||Jan 4, 2018||Closing Date:||Feb 15, 2018|
|Job Status:||Expired||Last Updated:||Jan 16, 2018|
Job title: Assistant Unit Manager
Qualifications : Level 3 childcare qualification or equivalent
Qualities: Loving, caring, and enjoys helping children to develop
Location: Hertfordshire/Buckinghamshire borders
Salary : circa £24,570 depending upon experience and qualifications
Purpose of the job – The Assistant Unit Manager, is to work as part of the team and under the direction of the 3rd in Charge, Unit Manager, General Manager and Deputy Manager. They are to work as part of the team in providing a safe, caring and professional environment for the children in their care. They will assist with the planning, organising and carrying out activities.
We aim to provide a safe, happy, positive and stimulating environment. We aim to meet all the needs of the individual child and their family.
Main duties for Assistant Unit Managers
- Be a positive role model to all levels of Nursery Practitioners.
- Direct the staff in your unit to plan and carry out a variety of activities.
- When directing staff be constructive but assertive.
- Within your team assist, and support staff with planning daily activities. Ensuring the Early Years Foundation Stage is being covered.
- Ensure all relevant information regarding the children; is recorded, reported and where necessary acted upon.
- To assist with meal times, and promoting a healthy child. All staff must be aware of any dietary requirements of the children in their care.
- Ensure qualified First aiders are present at times of risk.
- To be involved in training and short courses. To take constructive criticism positively.
- To understand the importance of parental and family involvement. To be willing to work in partnership with parents including home visits.
- To liaise discretely with parents in delicate situations.
- To keep relevant qualifications up to date.
- To be self-motivated and motivate others.
- To guide and support all levels of Nursery Practitioners and students with their training.
- To delegate tasks to members of your team.
- To assist your Unit Manager to organise children into appropriate groups with in your unit.
- To assist your Unit Manager in contact new customers to arrange settling sessions.
- To assist your Unit Manager in arrange settling in sessions for children due to move up to the next group.
- To assist your Unit Manager with ensure parents/carers of children who are moving groups receive the appropriate information within plenty of notice e.g. letters, welcome packs etc.
- To assist the management team to filter through high standards of childcare and communication
Extra duties for senior staff
Senior staff are given a responsibility to oversee and carry out. These include Health and Safe, First Aid, Behaviour Management, Equal Opportunities, Behaviour Management, SENCO, Training, Fire Safety and Safe Guarding. If you have been given a responsibility; your role will involve getting all records up to date and attending any relevant training.
Assistant Unit Managers will be responsible for the daily running of the room. This will include ensuring the routine is carried out, making sure the planning is completed and directing the staff.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £24,570.00 /year
- Childcare: 2 years
Sorry, this listing has expired.Search Jobs