|Date Posted:||Jan 4, 2018||Closing Date:||Mar 17, 2018|
|Job Status:||Live||Last Updated:||Feb 15, 2018|
|Location:||East Sussex||Salary/Rate:||Not Specified|
We are looking for a full time (or part time to include covering holidays) Deputy Manager, with a full and relevant Level 3 qualification in Childcare to join our small team. The candidate must have a satisfactory disclosure check and the relevant skills to support the management.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Overall management responsibility for the Nursery in the absence of the Manager.
- Assist the Manager in providing effective day to day management of the Nursery.
- To help set up the Nursery's interior and exterior to enable it to be a safe, secure, stimulating and welcoming environment.
- This job description is not an exhaustive list of duties and the post holder will be required to undertake any other reasonable duties discussed and directed by the line manager.
Qualifications and Skills
- Level 3 early years education and childcare qualification.
- Previous experience of working within a Nursery, some managerial experience would be desirable.
- Sound knowledge of child development for children from birth to five years.
- Willingness to learn and have the energy and passion about the quality of children's care and education.
- Good communication skills.
- Knowledge of child protection procedures.
- Commitment to working effectively with young children and families and other professionals.
- Applicants must be prepared to disclose any convictions they may have and any orders which have been made against them. Please be advised that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. It is therefore not contrary to the Act to reveal any information you have in relation to the candidate concerning spent convictions.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Childcare: 2 years