|Date Posted:||Dec 19, 2017||Closing Date:||Mar 5, 2018|
|Job Status:||Live||Last Updated:||Feb 3, 2018|
Deputy Manager K8z Cheeky Monkeyz
- To ensure the smooth running and operation of the nursery in the absence of the Nursery Manager.
- To be both room based when required and supernumerary to ensure paperwork and monitoring is carried out.
- To ensure that the nursery meets ratios set out in the EYFS at all times.
- To confidently lead the team within the nursery, liaise with the Manager and support them when required
- Ensure open communication with parents and where possible to accommodate their needs.
- Adhere to company policies at all times
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES will involve:
- Being responsible for the Health and Safety and welfare of the staff and children at all times.
- Be confident in marketing the nursery and carrying out viewings to prospective parents
- Being responsible for staff’s peer to peer observations, one to ones and staff supervisions and appraisals.
- Identify staff training needs and set and implement targets for the team. Supporting new staff through their induction period, recording meetings and signing off completed induction paperwork.
- Maintaining probation records
- Support Manager in carrying out staff supervisions
- Prepare and monitor rotas for daily operations, garden and opening and closing down the nursery.
- Carry out monitoring checklists and resource audits
- Be responsible for evaluating practices and areas for improvement within the nursery and to ensure we are always improving our standards. Encourage staff members to put their ideas and opinions forward to give them ownership and responsibility for caring for our setting.
- Moderate all planning, observations and the children folders
- Administer medicine as per policies and procedures.
- Keep up to date with any changes to the EYFS, Ofsted legislation, and be aware of current issues and news affecting the early years sector.
- Ensure parents get valuable and professional feedback at drop off and pick up times, ensuring their views and feelings are noted and there is open communication between parents and staff
Practitioners’ Essential qualifications
- A recognised qualification in childcare (equivalent to level 3 or above).
- Satisfactory Enhanced DBS disclosure
- Experience as a third in charge (desirable)
Job Type: Full-time
- Desire or working towards level 4 in childcare/management.
Job Type: Full-time
- nursery management: 3 years