|Date Posted:||Dec 4, 2017||Closing Date:||Mar 23, 2018|
|Job Status:||Live||Last Updated:||Feb 21, 2018|
The Setting caters for 26 children between two years and five years. Two qualified early years practitioners are required to work across the age groups and a qualified early years practitioner with special educational needs and Makaton training, to work as a one to one to shadow and support an additionally funded child.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide the children with a safe, secure and home-like environment
- Operate a keyworker system and liaise with parents/carers, carers, and senior staff
- Plan, organise and implement a programme of activities to meet the needs of this age group
- Work as part of a highly motivated and professional team
- Be responsible for managing the setting, safe guarding and staff in the absence of the Manager
Qualifications and Skills
- Hold a full and relevant early years and childcare qualification at Level 3 (such as an Early Years Educator qualification, Level 3 Diploma for the Children & Young Peopleâ€s Workforce), or equivalent qualification
- Have at least two yearsâ€ experience working within a nursery/preschool setting
- Have proven organisational skills
- Experience / training in working with children from two to five years.
- Makaton will be an advantage
- Be exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders act
The setting is currently open term-time only and hours for Early Years Practitioners will be Monday to Friday from 8.30-1.30 (Hours may increase to 3.30pm in the future).Salary is dependent on experience and qualifications.
Pippins Preschool is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Pippins Preschool are committed to safeguarding children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS is required for this post.
Closing date for the post: 08/12/17
Interviews to be held on w/c 12/12/17
Job Type: Part-time