Day Nursery Manager
|Date Posted:||Nov 24, 2017||Closing Date:||Mar 25, 2018|
|Job Status:||Live||Last Updated:||Feb 23, 2018|
Job Title: Nursery Manager
Reports to : Registered Person
- To ensure that the nursery is maintaining and exceeding National Minimum standards for children. To develop and strive to continually improve the service being provided
Responsibilities and Duties
- To take responsibility for the day to day running of the nursery.
- Provide reports t o the registered manager
- Ensure that occupancy is maintained.
- Manage a small budget and maintain financial records
- To set up systems to ensure quality control and ensure that these are implemented.
- Ensure that through planned activities and routines the staff team foster and develop the abilities, social skills and understanding of the children in our care
- Ensure that parents and children receive well organised and planned day care.
- Work with the children and other workers in modelling good practice
- Promote good working relationships with parents and or carers
- Undertake Supervision and appraisals of all staff.
- Provide in house training to staff and ensure that all staff receives continual professional development.
- To ensure that all Health and Safety checks are completed
- To be the named Child Protection coordinator
- To develop the service and assist in achieving the Investors in children Award and investors in people Award.
- Undertake all other tasks as deemed necessary.
Qualifications and Skills
- At least three years experience working in an early year’s child care setting
- NVQ 3 in early years and working towards QCF 5
- Excellent communication skills relating well to both adults and children
- Innovative ideas and flexible in approach
- Demonstrable knowledge of child development and Birth to Three framework
- Ability to play and run play sessions
- Focused and enthusiastic
- Reliable and dependable
- Able to drive
- Understanding of Health and Safety and Risk assessment
- First Aid
- Understanding of Child Protection
- Ability to provide a supportive environment for colleagues and undertake supervision and annual appraisals.
- Experience of developing and managing staff.
- Ability to problem solve
- Able to organise staff rotas and activities plans relating to Birth to Three matters.
- Business and IT skills
- Have experience of driving a minibus
- Hold a Certificate in Management
- Have experience of supervising workers
- Ability to speak welsh
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £16,500.00 /year